Monday, December 29, 2008

Guy Woodhouse

Some folks are curious what Guy Woodhouse looks like.  I'd say: the ugliest bike in our stable, Shannon says the greater metro.

I think it's worth five dollars.

The handsome Cannondale in the background is Shannon's winter bike.

What I like about Guy is the simplicity of his parts.  There is very little that can go wrong mechanically.  With the cube prism reflective tape on the fork and rack it glows like a christmas tree.  And with the patches of dirt and rust and overall crappy appearance an otherwise sound bike will never ever be stolen.  I hope.

2 comments:

brother yam said...

I have a crappy winter bike too -- the Red Menace -- an early nineties Schwinn MTB that is now a single speed. Rugged, slow, ugly.

Do we start to look like our bikes or do they take up after us?

Bujiatang said...

I'm afraid we converge