Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back!

To be clear: the crazy talk was actually the best thing I ever did for the Instigator. The ability to switch tires around willy nilly has been a boon. Last summer we bought a FatBack and a Pugsley and the 135mm hubs and disc brakes make everything interchangeable. I have not hidden the bike as a straight 26in wheel set since. I have a 29er front wheel on it now and the geometry is significantly better. The ride with a larry is still smart and it corners like a crazed antelope. By leaning forward I can whip the shit out of hairpin turns in Lebanon Hills. Also I can crash without much worry about damaging the bike. The added bosses for water bottles or pumps or anything cages or racks makes an otherwise tour resistant bike more comfortable.

What I really want to talk about now is camera lenses.

No comments: