Saturday, April 19, 2008

hickory switch

We switched from the Kenda 161 tires.  A while back I mentioned the 1 3/8" tires on our bikes.  There are more aggressive treads, but the Kenda's are inexpensive and came in our size.  Studded Nokians are hard to find in 27 x 1 3/8".  

Now that spring has sprung a little, we don't need the added traction so we've switched back to smoother road tires.  I've been on the same set of 27x1 1/4" Continentals for a couple years now.  And I notice the clearance around the fenders is better.  

what drives me nuts is changing the back tire.  I hate hate hate fussing with it.  Some day I'll have one of those swanky clamps which will make it easier to do bike maintenance, but till then I wrestle with the bike on the floor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

perhaps a kiddie pool and some spaghetti will make bike wrestling into a nationally televised sport...you should totally start the trend!

Bujiatang said...

changing a tire in a pool of spaghetti would be better television than a lot of shows these days...