Saturday, April 12, 2008

How many bikes is enough?

One more is the correct answer.

I might have blown a bit of the wad saved for the Pugsley on an old three speed.  

It is a very pretty bike, and uses 650b tires.  Which makes an interesting change from the 27x1 3/8 that Frenchie runs on.  I don't know if it is the gear ratio or the size of the tires but this bike is very spirited.

The new bike came with a cheap plastic seat on it, which worked alright for about 3 miles, at which point it cocked back and tried to throw me off the back of the bicycle.  

When I switched Frenchie over to a Brooks saddle, I saved the Serfas seat for a rainy day.  The Serfas seat cost a small fortune and still had some life left in it, though it wasn't comfortable as it really should have been which is why I switched.  While a leather seat might sound intimidating at first, and before I finished breaking it in I would have agreed, I will never buy another that is not leather.

For now, I'll use the Serfas because it is still better than a block of plastic.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now I see how this works...new bike...new brooks saddle...it's a vicious cycle, I say! ;)