Monday, February 23, 2009

not quite enough for a century

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2583448

Today I got in my longest single day of riding of the year.  Jim and I left from HC and tried to make it to Carver.  It was my whimpy legs that made us turn around.  The trail got less and less plowed the further we went and my excuse is the single speed lacked the gear ratio necessary for the slipping.

So my legs cramped at mile thirty or so, and by mile 40 I was aching, by the time we got to Humboldt I needed to sit down.

A damn fine ride though.

Shannon got to be the knight in shining Jetta and save my sorry ass at Uncommon Grounds.


3 comments:

shannon said...

I wouldn't be quite so hard on yourself...that's farther than I've made it all year!

Jim Thill said...

The man can spin. I mean that in a good way.

F.W. Adams said...

Don't be so hard on yourself--you were out doin' it while the rest of us were just readin' about you doin' it. As to how to end a sentence, try punctuation! ;o)

Peace!