Sunday, March 2, 2008

A look to the future



We went biking today.  The trail was still snowy on the Minneapolis side of the river, so it was slow going.  Which is to say, the bikes had minds of their own.  1 3/8 inch tires with mountain treads don't slip around as much as the slicks we used last year.  But a narrow tire on rotten snow cuts through (and goes side to side) pretty much no matter what.  
We've biked on ice and hard snow without any trouble.  But when it gets warm like it has been the snow crumbles underneath.  

I've been saving for a very short amount of time, for my next bike.  And the second new bike I'll have bought.  Its going to set me back more than all the others combined, and at this rate take most of the year to save for.  BUT!  The Pugsley is a wicked cool bike.  

I took one for a spin at Hiawatha Cyclery last summer, and I was giggling.  I'll be the first to admit I giggle easily.  The Pugsley just seems to be a mountain bike to end all mountain bikes.
 

No comments: