Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The first of many vacation posts

It's early, but not early enough for a long post.

We've been home from vaca for a couple days now and I've been building up to the first post about what and where we've been up to.

Just before leaving I had a discussion of bike helmets with an RN.  And she made some compelling arguments for me to wear a helmet.  But that just wasn't enough.

I saw on a friend's Facebook page pictures of him getting stitches and his busted helmet. And that scared me a bit.

But the second day we were in Hawaii, I was riding shotgun and looking to the left when the motorcycle next to us got taken out.

caveat: The motorcycle did pull in front of the other car.

But watching the guy roll over the windshield shook me.

1 comment:

shannon said...

as long as you don't start wearing a kaiser wilhelm helmet...that could spike the accident rates, too! ;~)