Saturday, April 4, 2009

For Your Consideration, Kill!

Sword of Doom has more plok points, but this is an entertaining movie for different reasons.
The netflix synopsis was clearly written by someone who never watched the movie.  I think the tone and character are closer to The Big Sleep than the Seven Samurai.  The movie was so noir Bogart or Robinson should have shown up.

The treatment of evil is better than Pulp Fiction.  The premise of Jules' argument was a fallacy and it has always grated on my nerves.  The message here was similar but much more successful.  The multiple narratives and perspectives on purpose is a theme I like though. Shorter and faster paced than most of Kurosawa's movies, Okamoto's movie Kill! has a nice variety of dialogue and violence.

Given the choice between watching For your Consideration and stabbing myself in the arm with a fork though; tines aren't that painful, I suggest a salad fork. Best In Show and A Mighty Wind were better, and they weren't great. The trailer had been so promising but the actual film was so tedious we almost turned it off half-way through.  I don't think I have a single nice thing to say about it.

No comments: